Objective: Promote Real Estate as a career to future young professionals
Partner with local boards to attend/identify career days/events
- Community events/schools, job fairs, etc.
- Create relationships with high schools and colleges to promote real estate careers
- Promote Real Estate as a career on career website
Update: NYSAR’s Education Management Committee determined that NYSAR should create a variety of informational pieces that local boards and brokers could use to promote real estate as a career at a grassroots level. Based on committee discussions, staff developed these action plans:
• Create a palm card highlighting the benefits of a career in real estate including what the role entails and how to get started and driving readers to NYSAR’s Careers in Real Estate webpage for further information and resources.
• Enhance the Careers in Real Estate page on NYSAR.com and promote a direct link to nysar.com/careersinre in all messaging.
• Develop and implement messaging on social media promoting a career in real estate.
• Develop a series of 1-minute promotional videos featuring young, successful REALTORS® to available on NYSAR’s Careers in Real Estate page, posted on social media channels and shared with local boards for their use.
• Purchase targeted advertising on social media to promote real estate as a career to 17-25 year old users in New York State.
Develop materials for brokers to promote real estate as a career.
Update: The same promotional pieces listed above are intended to be used by brokers as well..
NYSAR Leadership Team/Regional Vice Presidents
Education Management Committee
Committee report to NYSAR Board of Directors at Fall 2016 meetings. Update: Full report to be presented to the NYSAR Board of Directors September 28, 2016.
Implementation of report recommendations in 2017.
Update: By August 2017, promotional materials will be provided to local boards and brokers to share with high schools and community colleges, at career fairs, on local board websites and will be posted on NYSAR’s Careers in Real Estate webpage with resource links. Social media messaging will also launch then, followed by targeted advertising on social media May - July, 2018.